Friday, March 11, 2011

My Birthday Song...

And just like the birthday song, this post won't be very long. I just wanted to pop in and shout out to my great husband who has made this birthday an amazing one, despite the fact I am stressed out by upcoming finals. This morning I woke up to a huge, heavy, blanket covered (we're a little low on wrapping paper) box for me to open. To my surprise (since we had agreed to keep the budget low) I found myself staring at a bright red Kitchen Aid stand mixer; my dream come true.


I had been hoping we could find a used one for cheap on craigslist and would never dream of buying one of these beauties new- but my husband did. Its the smaller model which is perfect (have you seen our apartment?), and is, well, perfect in every way. I can't wait to use it to make birthday cake for my 'friend-party' tomorrow and am excited to taste the oatmeal cake my husband made for me (google it, its not gross and oat-mealy I assure).

That's right- he made me a cake too, didn't I marry the best guy in the world (for me, all you ladies I am sure have great hubbies too)?! This, along with the sweet hand-made cards from my sister-in-law's family, has simply made this birthday great. Can't wait to see what else is in store. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment